Merci opened in march 2009 in the arty neighborhood of Haut-Marais in Paris. More than just a retail project, it is a unique place, a destination store with 3 cafes and restaurants as well a very rich programme of exhibitions and scenographies that made the reputation of Merci. In 2009, Merci selected this vintage ceiling tins as a decor concept for the Parisien store. Since the opening, there is no one day without seeing a visitor taking pictures of the MERCI tin counter or asking to buy it. This phenomenon has given MERCI the idea to get together with NLXL to design and market the wallpaper collection Brooklyn Tins.
Historically, tin ceilings were introduced to North America as an affordable alternative to the exquisite plaster work used in European homes. It was between 1890 and 1930 that thin rolled tin-plates were being mass-produced. Tin ceilings were traditionally painted white to give the appearance of hand- carved or molded plaster. But, today the irregularity and the aging give all the appeal to this American architecture icon.
- 19" W x 32.8 feet L - Approx. 53 square feet per roll.
- Each patterned tin is 19" wide.
- No Pattern Repeat.
- Heavy-duty wallpaper with paper top-layer and non-woven backing
- No wallpapering table necessary, glue is applied to wall
- Colourfast and washable with a soft cloth.
All NLXL wallpaper collections are suitable for public spaces or commercial applications.
Fire Rating Certificates:
- Description: 165 GR fleece base paper wallcovering
- Composition: High purity pulps and synthetic fibers
- Thickness: 0.165 mm (nominal) " As measured by SwRI: 0.22 mm. (nominal)
Please note: Burke Decor does not accept wallpaper returns at this time. Why? Wallpaper is produced in batches (similar to tile) and due to dye-lot variations that occur based on when the rolls are produced, we are unable to accept returns. We are more than happy to exchange unopened wallpaper for another pattern or store credit.
Please note, this item is a SPECIAL ORDER:
• Special order merchandise is created to meet the customer's specifications and is considered final sale.
• Special orders can be cancelled within 48 hours of the original sale for a full refund; thereafter Burke Decor will retain a 50% cancellation fee of the purchase price.