NEW NORM SIDE PLATES - NEW COLORS -
SET OF 6 PLATES
1. RESTAURANT QUALITY DINNERWARE! The New Norm Dinnerware is created using isostatic press, produced in a state-of-the-art European factory that specializes in high quality porcelain for restaurants and hotels. With this dinnerware, you get highly durable restaurant quality at home.
2. THE ESSENCE OF NEW NORDIC! New Nordic Cuisine has conquered the world with front runners like Noma and Höst. You can go classic white and crisp, rough and rustic or colorful and casual with the same dinnerware set. The possibilities and combinations are endless.
3. THE WORLDS FIRST INTERACTIVE DINNERWARE! Norm has built a physical universe around the dinnerware in the conceptual Copenhagen restaurant, HÖST, which recently won two highly prestigious Restaurant & Bar Design Awards in London for “Best European Restaurant” and “Best Restaurant.” The digital universe is the NewNorm blog (newnorm.dk) and contains a world of inspiration - Nordic nature, recipes from Höst, inspirational images for using the dinnerware in exciting new ways, etc.
4. MULTI FUNCTIONAL DINNERWARE! Each plate and bowl has a unique function to be combined in many ways. The small plate can serve as a side plate for bread, as a serving plate for appetizers or sushi, or as a lid for the bowls to keep food warm or cool. Using this as a lid on the bowl transforms the bowls into perfect storage containers for the fridge. There is functionality in every detail and in every one of the countless combinations.
- Material: Porcelain
- Dimensions: 7.5in (diameter)
*This item is excluded from sale events and not available for additional discounting or promotional offers.
In 2010 Menu and Norm Architects joined forces with Copenhagen restaurateurs Cofoco, to create something magical. A restaurant expressing everything we categorize as “Nordic”. Materials, dishes, glasses, chairs, lamps, windows, moods and colours.
Today, restaurant Höst is the elegant result of clashing romanticism with modernity and it holds a very special place in our hearts because of its many stories, mixed inspirations and the fact that it’s pleasing for all senses.
Everything just fits into place to create a complex and inspiring feeling of something urban, yet rough and rural. Something rustic, yet simplistic.
To create the perfect base for this urban romance, Norm Architects designed a special series of dinnerware. It was a profound admiration of one of Denmark’s most prominent painters, Vilhelm Hammershoi and the unique feel of the crisp and pristine Nordic winds, which served as the main inspiration into the colour scheme. And you will find that all colours in New Norm Dinnerware are carefully hand-picked to match and emphasize the Nordic dishes served at Höst.
Menu believes in making design matter. Design matters when a product meets a real need and when it is useful, timeless, and made from honest materials. Design matters when it's original in shape, function, and composition. And design matters when it’s produced in a community in which it makes a difference. Menu believes in making design matter - through passion, originality, and responsibility.