When Piet Hein Eek started his Tube series for LEFF amsterdam, his starting point for the Tube Clock’s dial was an extrusion ring. Extrusion moulding is a design technique that involves forcing materials through a mould, the extrusion profile is what gives the material its shape. Piet Hein devised a ring like that for the design of the clock face.
A good idea can be surprisingly simple – often the simplest solutions have not yet been invented. This clock could have been designed a century ago, it’s actually a textbook example of LEFF Amsterdam’s philosophy: the idea of keeping things normal and down-to-earth, but still extraordinary.
Designed by Piet Hein Eek in 2014
- Materials: stainless steel, brass plated steel, copper plated steel
- Color: steel, brass, copper
- Dimensions: Ø 5cm – l: 8cm / Ø2" – l: 3.1"
- Movement: quartz movement
- Warranty: 5 years
- Battery type: LR44 battery (included)
- Weight: 220g / 0.5lbs
- Designer: Piet Hein Eek
- Year of release: 2014
- Contents packaging: Tube clock steel, LR44 battery, instruction manual
Please allow 1-2 weeks to ship out and receive tracking.