Kale Salad with Shallot Cayenne Lemon Dressing
1 large bunch of lacinato kale (curly works too just hard to chiffonade)
1 shallot (enough to make 2 tblsp chopped)
3 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
pecorino romano (desired amount)
1/4 cup pine nuts
Cayenne (desired amount)
1 tsp salad
1. Clean & chiffonade kale
2. In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and whisk for 30 seconds.
3. Chop shallot into small pieces and add to bowl. Whisk briefly and let shallots macerate for up to 30 minutes (5 minutes works too if you are in a hurry)
4. Add desired amount of cayanne (recommended 1 tsp) and whisk or shake dressing in a jar.
5. Place kale in a large bowl and add pine nuts
6. Add Pea Shoots
7. Toss with Salad Hands in dressing and as shave in pecorino romano to taste.
**For a garlicky / sweeter variation grate 1-2 garlic cloves into the dressing and add a 2 teaspoons of agave
Makes 3-4 servings