Burke Décor is excited to announce an upcoming event to benefit Sojourner House. During the month of August 2013, Burke Decor will donate a portion of all sales from the Boardman, Ohio location to Sojourner House.
On August 2nd, from 5 - 8pm our store at 1419 Boardman-Canfield Road, Suite 280, will be hosting a Celebrate Summer party featuring cocktails, hor d' oeurves, and a live performance by The Automatons. During the event, we will host a silent auction with proceeds going to Sojourner House.
We welcome guests to spread the word and bring friends, family, co-workers and music lovers alike.
Please feel free to contact us 888.338.8111 with any questions.
About Sojourner House:
Sojourner House Domestic Violence Services’ mission is to provide a comprehensive program of crisis intervention, education, advocacy and shelter for victims of domestic violence in Mahoning County.
Sojourner House Domestic Violence Program provides a comprehensive program of crisis intervention, counseling, judicial advocacy and shelter for victims of domestic violence in Mahoning County. Sojourner House has been in operation since September 19, 1991. Since that time, thousands of women and children have received emergency shelter, meals and counseling. Sojourner provides short-term refuge, allowing battered women a chance to think calmly and examine their options without pressure or fear.
Sojourner House is operated by Compass Family and Community Services an Ohio-based, charitable, nonprofit organization. Compass Family & Community Services is the result of the consolidation of Burdman Group Inc. and Family Service Agency. Burdman was a private, not-for-profit agency in existence since 1970 and Family Service Agency’s roots trace back to 1908. The newly formed COMPASS has more than 142 years of combined service to the residents of the Mahoning Valley.
Services of Sojourner House:
- Shelter - Safe, temporary housing for abused women and their children in a home-like atmosphere.
- Advocacy / Case Management - Information about legal, financial, medical, vocational and housing needs.
- Safety, education, awareness and recreational activities for parent and children
- Community Education - Public speaking and in-service training for organizations, clubs, schools and churches.
- Sojourner House is a safe, confidentially located home for women and their children to stay while they are trying to escape an abusive environment. In addition to offering food and lodging, the shelter provides the women an opportunity to initiate solutions to problems they are experiencing and make positive changes in their lives.