Defined by an exposed, triangular construction, a gently curved seat and back ideally pitched for relaxation, and distinctive cut-outs for resting the elbows when reading (or, of course, knitting), the Knitting Chair affirmed Kofod-Larsen’s reputation as a master of proportion and unexpected, sculptural form. It was put into production – but only as a limited edition. Since then, the elegant, inventive design has become an increasingly valuable and sought-after collector’s item.
The Knitting Chair is beautiful from every angle, making it easy to place anywhere in a room. Given the chair’s enveloping comfort, it has a relatively small footprint, which makes it an easy fit in compact interiors as well as in more spacious ones. The design also stands out on comfort – the result of Kofod-Larsen’s constant care to ensure ideal angles and lumbar support. The clean, sculptural lines – achieved through the designer’s close work with joiners – and the high-end, natural materials make for an unforgettable, conversation-sparking silhouette.
The Knitting Chair is useful for everything from small restaurant spaces and bedsides to exhibition spaces. The shine of the honed marble surface against the matte steel results in a versatile visual identity that is both modernist and industrial.
- 35.7" H x 28.1" W x 26.3" L
- Seat Height: 11.8"
- Weight: 24.3 lbs.
- Frame: Wax Oiled Solid Oak
- Seat & Back: Plywood, Foam
- Dakar 0311 Leather - Aniline Leather
- Dakar 0250 Leather - Aniline Leather
- Dunes 21000 Leather - Aniline Leather
- Colline 118 Textile (75% New wool (worsted), 17% Acrylic, 8% Nylon)
- Care & cleaning:
- As a natural material, leather requires looking after. If you care for the leather in the right way, it will become even more beautiful over time. Here are a few tips: Over time if you see the need for cleaning, use a vacuum cleaner once or twice a month with a soft brush to remove any dust. Once or twice a year for thorough cleaning, use the foam from soap flakes stirred in warm water. Apply the foam with a dry soft cloth, minimizing any contact with water. Avoid bar soap, saddle soap, leather cleaners, household detergents or chemical products. Protect from direct sunlight, excessive heat and sharp objects.
*This item is excluded from sale events and not available for additional discounting or promotional offers.